In April 2012, it is hundred years since the famous White Star Line ship set off on its ill-fated voyage to America. The iceberg that intervened, the tales of heroism and the deep sea excavations of the ship embedded in the Atlantic have become legendary.
Local artists of all ages have been encouraged to submit work in a range of media and rise to the challenge of creating a new piece of work based on this theme both in 2-D and 3-D. work in any medium. The successful entrants have their work exhibited at Southampton City Art Gallery.
023 8083 3007
Open 7 days a week 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
Civic Centre, Commercial Road
17th Mar 2012 - 29th Apr 2012
- Internationally renowned for its impressive art collection, ...
- The Baring Room of the Southampton City Art Gallery features...
- The Bargate Monument Gallery is located in the upper floor o...
- Located inside the main entrance of the Guildhall, adjacent ...
- The Art House Cafe and Gallery is a not-for-profit café, gal...
1How to begin
Use the advanced search tools on the left, or the top bar, to look for items you are interested in. The map will also show your selections. Deselect Category(s) if you wish to look in other Categories.
2Add an item
Either click an icon from the map and drag it to the box below or from the listings, select 'Add to plan'.Your items will show here once you've added them to your plan.
It's best to save your Activity Planner and name it. You can modify it and/or create more than one. Once you're done, why not share it with someone else?